Classes and Clubs at Calico GalsJoin the fun by taking a class or joining a club at Calico Gals! Sign up today by calling 315-445-0617.
Class and Club Calendar
With Sharon Bottle Souva
Immerse yourself in the beauty of a garden as you explore the designs of nature with Sharon. Learn to break down an inspirational photo or picture to its basic design elements and use a combination of piecing and fused applique to create a unique work of art. Experiement with machine quilting to complete and enhance the design elements in a 15″ x 20″ quilted panel.
Class fee includes student’s choice of 5 fat quarters chosen on the day of the class.
With Melonie Unger and Lynn Schantz
The Villa Rosa Lunch Bunch will “Hop To It” in May! A super simple pattern with dramatic results. Yes, the “Hop To It” quilt top can be completed in this class along with enjoying a yummy lunch on the side. Melonie and Lynn will pamper you all day long! You sew, they do the ironing! Make a date with yourself and your quilting friends and get a jumpstart on your next quilt. You don’t want to miss this.
With Melonie Unger
Join Melonie, your best friend and wool helper in the Wooly 911 class. She will help you complete any (yes, she means any) wool project! And she even brings lunch! This is the 911 call every stitcher with an unfinished wool project must make!
With Lynn Schantz
Let’s just sew! It’s a dedicated afternoon for some sewing fun with friends. Haul out those bags of swaps, Accuquilt cut blocks or any other projects and dive in!! Starting a project or finishing . . . it’s all good! Bring a snack to pass and Lynn will have a crockpot of something yummy! Coming to My Time Monday the next day? Leave your machine and we’ll be ready to get right back to work. It’s just that easy.
Hostess: Lynn Schantz
My Time Monday the first Monday of the month except when the store is closed for holidays.
Open Sewing Time at Calico Gals is the best! It’s like a mini-retreat. Come in and work on your own projects. Sign up to spend the day indulging in some dedicated sewing time. Everyone brings a dish to pass and the gals guarantee friendship and fun!
With Rosanne Brown
Join the Jelly Roll Rug craze! Just 40 fabric strips makes a beautiful and practical rug. No special machine needed. Prepare the batting-filled strips and sew them in a round. Learn the tips and tricks from Rosanne and create a 30 x 44 inch rug in a day. The color possibilities are endless and sew much fun!
With Melissa Morgante
Just what you need, a cover for your serger! Featuring pockets on three sides, the Serge Protector Cover can be made in two sizes to fit all Baby Lock Sergers, from the Imagine all the way to the amazing Triumph. Learn to make it your own using decorative techniques.
Hostess: Melonie Unger
NUTZ (No Unfinished Top Zanies) meets first and third Fridays except when the store is closed for holidays.
Need help finishing up a project from a class or a kit you purchased at the store? Melonie can help you! Bring in anything you want to work on and spend the day indulging in some dedicated sewing time. Everyone brings a dish to pass and the gals guarantee friendship and fun!
Hostess: Melonie Unger
NUTZ at Night meets the first Friday of the month except when the store is closed for holidays.
Open Sewing Time at Calico Gals is the best! It’s like a mini-retreat. Come in and work on your own projects. For NUTZ at night we order food and sew all night!
With Karen Cross
Make a Mondo Bag using QuiltSmart interfacing, or start with the smaller version—the Midi Bag. The bag uses 2-1/2″ squares, so it’s great for scrap busting!! Choose your colors, scrappy, checkerboard, one color, make it unique! Be ready to be creative and have fun.
BOMs & Swaps
Create a contemporary farmhouse quilt one block at a time for 10 months.
- Learn a variety of techniques and have fun making many different blocks to complete this unique sampler.
- Finished quilt: 88½ inches square.
- The BOM begins April 1.
- $25 per month includes all patterns and fabric for quilt top.
Create this beautiful sampler quilt featuring piecing and appliqué.
- Based on historic designs from the turn of the last century.
- Make a couple blocks each month for 12 months.
- Finished quilt: 63 x 70 inches.
- The BOM begins April 1.
- $25 per month includes detailed patterns and all fabric for quilt top.
Amish with a Twist with Karen Cross
Quilt artist Nancy Rink’s newest Amish-inspired Block of the Month features a dynamic design!
- Combine a traditional Amish Trip Around the World with a unique center star and a variety of colorful blocks.
- Create this big quilt (88 x 98 inches!) one piece at time over 12 months.
- The use of solid fabrics not only keeps with the Amish tradition, but also makes this a very affordable project.
- The BOM begins in the spring, but you can sign up now to reserve your place on the list!
- $12.50 per month.
- $25 registration fee includes first and last month.
Tongan Lush with Daryl Hanifan
The new BOM from Wing and a Prayer uses beautiful tonga batiks from Timeless Treasures.
- Join for 12 months to create a large 108-inch square quilt.
- All patterns and fabric for the quilt top are included.
- $50 to join includes first and last month blocks.
Geese on the Meadow with Marcia Evans
The new block of the month from Kim Diehl!
- Join Marcia one Sunday each month for 6 months to collect your patterns and fabrics to create a 66-1/2 inch square quilt using traditional piecing techniques.
- Learn the tips and techniques from Marcia as you use Kim’s warm color palette to make this gorgeous quilt.
- $38 per month for 6 months.
- $75 registration fee includes first and last months.
Spring Tapestry Wool BOM with Melonie Unger
Melonie has created a new wool appliqué BOM from the patterns of Jan Vaine.
- Two colors of flannel background joins a variety of wool pieces to make a garden of blocks.
- Blocks measure 5-12 x 9-1/2 and 5-1/2 inches square.
- This BOM is a pick- up, but you can join Melonie’s Wooly 911 class for more tips and fun with wool stitchery.
- $15 a month includes the fabrics, stitching guides and patterns for up to 4 blocks each month for 12 months.
- $30 registration fee includes first and last month.
10:00 am–5:00 pm
Open evenings during scheduled classes.
Syracuse, NY 13206