Classes, Clubs, & In-Store Events Postponed
Calico Gals is closed until the threat of coronavirus is lifted.
Thank you for the support of our small business! We look forward to getting together again when the world calms down. Until then, please join us in our other fun place—Calico Gals Junction Facebook group. Stay safe, stay healthy and stay home and sew!
Class and Club Calendar
With Beth Broadway
Join the all new Calendar Club at Calico Gals! Create an adorable mini quilt each month. Turn it into a top for a calendar or make a small pillow or wallhanging. Each monthly project features hand or machine appliqué and button accents. Cute as can be! Join the club for $25 for the whole year. Members can attend quarterly classes for just $5 in addition to discounts on monthly patterns and kits. Learn new skills as you make projects you can complete quickly.
BOMs & Swaps
Almond Country Beauty BOM with Sue Pikarsky
Calling all lovers of foundation paper piecing! This 13-month Block of the Month is a breathtaking variation on the New York Beauty block.
- Make sixteen 12″ x 12″ blocks, plus the borders
- $25 per month includes pattern, foundation papers and fabric to complete the top and a scrappy border
- $50 registration includes first and last month
- Detailed tutorials on assembling the upcoming block one Saturday each month with Sue
Prerequisite: Sue’s beginner foundation paper piecing class, or proof of skills.
Hello Spring BOM with Rosanne Brown
Hello Spring! It’s a new Block of the Month, starting early spring of 2020.
- Generous 80″ x 96″ sampler quilt in fresh new fabrics
- Fun techniques including piecing, appliqué and hand stitching
- Bonus projects include small wall hanging and stuffed bird
- Sewing tutorials will be offered too!
- $25 per month for 10 months includes pattern book and all fabric for top and binding
- $50 registration includes fist and last month
Esther’s Bloomers BOM with Marcia Evans
Calico Gals is offering Esther’s Bloomers Stitch-Along from Kim Diehl, featuring a variety of vintage reproduction shirtings and cotton prints.
- Begins January 25, 9–10 AM
- Receive a portion of the quilt and pattern each month for 6 months
- Generous 70″ x 70″ quilt top
- Bonus! Monthly tutorial with Marcia on the 3rd Saturday 9–10 AM
- $37 per month includes pattern, all fabric for the quilt top, and monthly tutorial
- $74 registration fee includes first and last month
Reflected Harmony BOM with Peggy Bass
- January 11, February 1, and March 14, 9–10 AM
- Features beautiful Wilmington Prints fabrics in shades of reds, pinks and tans
- Queen-sized (84″ x 84 “)
- Join Peggy every month for a review and tips of that month’s blocks
- $25 per month
Don’t Fence Me In SWAP with Lynn Schantz
Simply choose 2 contrasting medium and dark cotton fabrics—that’s it!
- Starts February 1
- Make 8 quick blocks a month for 6 months and bring them in to swap
- Blocks due on the 1st of every month
- Swapped blocks will be ready for pick-up on the 15th of each month
- $15 registration fee includes the pattern
Friday & Saturday
10:00 am–5:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday for Shopping Party Reservations Only
Closed Wednesday & Sunday.
Syracuse, NY 13206