Gabby Gals Archives

Posts by the Month
Categories
Search this Site

The Gabby Gals Blog

News: NYS Row by Row Quilt Shop Hop

Posted on June 24th, 2011, by Lisa, the Web Gal

Collage of the shop hop logo surrounded by photos of the participating stores

The NYS Row by Row Quilt Shop Hop Is Here!

Our resident crazy genius, Janet, is always coming up with new ways for everyone to have fun. This time she’s bringing along a whole bunch of New York State shops with her!

It’s a summertime shop hop made just for quilters traveling through New York State.
It’s the easiest shop hop ever! Just visit any of the participating quilt shops throughout
the months of July and August. Each shop is giving away a pattern for one row in a
Summertime Row Quilt. Pick up as many as you can, then mix and match your rows to
create a fun and unique quilt. No passports and no fees! It’s a freebie!

Have fun traveling, shopping and collecting all the different patterns!
Have more fun making the rows and designing a quilt. Be the first person to
bring a finished (quilted, bound, labeled) quilt using at least 8 different
rows in to your local shop and receive a bundle of 25 beautiful fat quarters.

Limit one prize per quilter or quilt.

See the list of shops below and download a list to carry with you as you travel through the state.

Join the fun right now by visiting our page on Facebook.

The Shops (updated July 6, 2011)

• The Quilter’s Daughter
  • 2817 State Route 246
  • Perry Center, NY 14530
  • 585-861-9474

12 Responses to “News: NYS Row by Row Quilt Shop Hop”

1. Laura Davis says:

Janet you are too much fun! Love this idea!!

2. Susan Jones says:

I love to have a reason to go shopping and get a free patterns.

3. Janet says:

Thanks, gals! We are all working on our rows. i can’t wait to see what everyone is doing. I may have to go on my own shop hop!

4. Carol Dingman says:

What a great, fun idea. Rebecca (Root) and I can’t wait to attend some of the Row by Row. New challenge. Looking forward to it…. and the timing is perfect. Thanks Janet!!!!

5. Gina says:

Hello, I just happened to find out about this Row by Row…can you tell me how it works and what are the dates? I’m sure it’s over now but I’d love to participate in future hops. Can you add me to the mailing list please?

This sounds absolutely wonderful!

T

6. Carole Prevost-Meier says:

Would you be able to let me know when the next one is and how one can participate as quilt shop? Thanks!

7. Betty Scott says:

Will you have a shop hop in 2012? If so, when?

8. Bernice says:

This is such a great and fun idea I happened to find out about when I called Patti’s Quilting & Fabrics Shop to inquire about her retreats. I was in the Glens Falls area yesterday and visited Patti’s shop and picked up my first row by row pattern. The shop was absolutely beautiful and the workers were super nice and very helpful. I love the row by row pattern and can’t wait to make it. I will be making future trips back to Glens Falls and will definitely visit Patti’s shop as well as the other shops in that area. My dream someday is to own a shop as beautiful as Patti’s. Love the inspiration! Thanks so much!!!

9. pat eagleton says:

Just found out about the row by row! What a great idea BUT if you are not in a position to be traveling about the state , how can I get the kits. The shops “close” to me are somewhat possible, but up along the St. Lawrence, Long Island not so much. I’d really like to give it a try so is there anything in the works? Publishing the patterns in the fall though not the same?

10. Diane says:

would love to see the patterns and/or kits available on line–is this possibljust finished a kit from the shop in Victor ( IVY THIMBLE QUILT SHOP)–loved it– use it as a wallhanging and a reminder of our anniversary in NY state

11. linda welka says:

do you have a list of all the quilt shops in this shop hop
    thanks
    linda welka

12. Lisa Goodlin, the Web Gal says:

Hi, Linda. The post above is for the 2011 Row by Row. You can download the 2013 NY and PA lists on our home page.